- 20 Dec
Having a robust real estate newsletter email list is key for any real estate agent. It is not just a way to communicate with all of your existing and potential clients, it is also one of the best ways to cultivate stronger relationships with every subscriber.
If your current email list isn’t working, this post is for you. We will cover how to expand your email newsletter subscriber list in an effort to increase real estate sales.
Promote your real estate newsletter opt-in form
Growing your real estate newsletter email list is essential since every new lead you get is a potential sale. One of the easiest ways to do this is to include a dedicated link to your email opt-in page. This link can then be shared on everything.
Here are some places you should be including the link to your opt-in form:
- In your email signature
- On your Facebook page
- In your social media bios
- At the end of your website content
- In your Google and Facebook ads
Another way to get the biggest bang for your buck is to use your signup as a way to bridge your free content with email-gated content. This extra content would be a longer form of content that would act as a lead magnet. You are going to attract visitors by enticing them with this valuable content in exchange for their email address.
For example, let’s say you have your real estate listings on your website for viewing by anyone. If they want to see something additional like your current state of the market report, they will need to sign up and provide their email address.
Offer free resources to boost subscriptions
[Image via Pexels.com]
Who doesn’t love free stuff! Offering free resources like ebooks, buyer/seller guides, webinars, infographics, marketing resources, etc. can help you get new subscribers to your real estate newsletter.
Your actual marketing will be focused on what you are giving away or the event you are having. Where the magic happens is when you get those sign ups for said giveaway or event. Just be sure to explicitly state that by opting in for these things, they will also be opted in to your great newsletter.
Offer an email course on a specific topic
Buyers and sellers are always ripe for valuable information. With that being said, there is so much information and mis-information out there. This is where you come in and save the day. Putting together something like an email course is a great way to engage with people. Here is what you need to do in order to make this a successful way to boost your newsletter subs.
- Be sure to mention in your marketing push that this information is separate from your usual newsletter.
- Push your newsletter out over a shorter period of time but with higher frequency. This will help you stay top of mind.
- Advertise your email course! Share it on your website, across all your social media accounts, in your regular email marketing and if you can swing it, in your paid advertising.
- Come up with a topic that you think would be super helpful. Include relevant links to resources from your website and third party sites too.
- Come up with a special giveaway item. This will help keep users engaged and willing to participate.
- After the course is over, make sure you follow up with the participants and see if you could be of further assistance with more resources.
- Always let users know that their participation will also opt them in to your general newsletter.
Include a link to your newsletter landing page
One of the easiest ways to gain more subscribers is to use your email signature. Every time you send out an email to a lead, they will see your email signature. Make sure to optimize this space by including the following:
- Your name
- Your website
- All your contact information
- Social media handles
- A call to action that will prompt them to sign up for your newsletter (make sure to include a link to your newsletter landing page).
Offer a “forward” feature within your emails
In real estate, we all know referrals are gold. So why not use your network to get leads? Include a call to action and a link within your emails that encourages users to forward your message along.
This type of referral will let your subscriber’s network know that there is value to your newsletter and helps boost the chance that they’ll head over to your site and subscribe. Depending on the email client you use, there is usually a “forward to a friend” feature that you can set up a link for.
Try your hand at guest posting for relevant blogs and websites
There are many websites that have loyal followings. Pretty much anything that is posted on their site people trust and hold in high regard. If you can put out great content, try your hand at writing a guest post for one of these websites or blogs. With their high levels of traffic, it is a great way to grow your reach and generate leads.
The key is to make sure your post is of value first and promotional second. There are subtle ways you can add in mentions of your newsletter. The bio section is a great place to highlight not only your name and title but to also promote a link to your newsletters and/or landing page.